Frequently asked questions
More effective: expels dirty air directly outside Safest: it draws fresh air into the kitchen. And security is important, especially in the presence of gas-powered cookers Less noisy: the air passes without obstacles making less noise
The extraction capacity and noise levels of Faber hoods are measured according to international standards IEC / EN 61591 and IEC / EN 60704-3 (Sound power), specially prepared by the certification bodies to detect the performance of range hoods. These methods reproduce the typical conditions of installation and operation, therefore provide actual an truthful data. Ask for performance that refers to these standards: you can rely on correct information, complete and reliable as those we declare. Our laboratory is accredited NEMKO and IMQ and all the performance of the hoods, including the ability of our filters to capture grease and the brightness of the lamps, are measured internally.
The noise is generated by the airflow passing through the inside of the hood during operation. We built the internal components of our hoods so that the airflow meets few obstacles in its path, with excellent results in terms of efficiency and low noise An effective way to prevent an increase of noise is to use, for the exhaust of the air, well-sized tubes (120-150 mm in diameter) Dirty and saturated filters can obstruct the air flow: a periodic cleaning (or replacing) of the filter ensures a smooth flow of air You can also soundproof the hood adopting the innovative technologies that we developed and patented. To learn more, go to the technologies for the silence
It 'easy to get the hood always nice and clean: it takes a soft cloth and mild detergent, without chlorine to avoid to damage the finish. But Faber's advice does not stop here... If you want a perfect result use Clin & Clin. Clin & Clin is a disposable towel developed in our laboratories for cleaning the hood in steel, indispensable to have it always clean, bright and free of unaesthetic fingerprints. During application, Clin & Clin releases on the hood a special film that will protect it for several weeks. During this period, simply use a dry cloth every day to have a hood clean and shiny. The detergent used in the protective tissue is approved by the stringent U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) and can be used safely for other steel surfaces such as hobs, ovens or sinks.
Recycling hood: filters fumes and steam cleaning the air by means of charcoal filters and returning it to the kitchen Extraction hood: extracts fumes and steam out of the kitchen through a dedicated ducting system
Filters are an integral part of the hood, their maintenance affect the efficacy, safety and noise levels of the hood The grease filters protect the motor from grease contained in the steam sucked from the hood. The metal filters of the Faber hoods (Baffle, cassette, modular or synthetic) ensure a high capture of the grease particles. Baffle and cassette capture more than 90% of grease. To keep them efficient it’s sufficient to wash them by hand or machine, on average every 2 months. The synthetic filters that may be present on some old models are not washable and should be replaced when impregnated with grease, about every 2 months The anti-odour filter (charcoal filters) are to be installed only on hoods in recycling mode. They are not washable and must be periodically replaced, on average every 3 months Where can I find the filters? find the after sales service
An effective hood guarantees at least 10 changes of air per hour*. The extraction capacity must be adequate for this purpose A hood that provides at least 10 changes of air per hour* without exceeding the noise level of 55 dB (A)**, it's comfortable. We have calculated which hoods are able to ensure the comfort, to learn more go to Faber Comfort Attention: The volume of the kitchen, the length, diameter and number of bends of the pipe to reach the exit hole of the air determine the extraction capacity Check the extraction capacity you need, go to choose the right hood * Fan Handbook - F. Bleier 1998 ** Sound measure - Brüel & Kjaer 1986 / Noise and Vibration Control Engineering - Beranek; ver 1992
- different accessories to personalize the hood, practical and easy to apply. Glass fronts, splashbacks and shelves to be chosen separately and matched on the installed hood according to your tastes and needs.
- Air capacity
- indicates the volume of air sucked in an hour. It is measured in cubic meters per hour (m³/h)
- Baffle filter
- a metallic grease filter patented by Faber that offers professional effectiveness (it captures more than 90% of the grease particles). It is washable by hand or dishwashers
- the part of the hood that contains the extraction unit and conveys the air. On its surface are allocated the controls
- Charcoal filters
- these anti-odour filters are mounted only on recycling hoods. They are made of active carbon which traps bad odours. The charcoal filters lose their effectiveness after three months of normal functioning and must be replaced.
- is part of the hood placed over the body: it covers the extraction unit and/or part of the ducting system. There are different sizes depending on the height of the ceiling where the hood is to be installed.
- Comfort panel
- a sound-proofing cushion that together with the perimeter aspiration reduces the perceived noise by 25%
- Corner Adapter
- needed for the installation of some particular corner hoods that do not have a sharp edge in the back
- Delayed switch-off
- electronic timer that automatically turns off the hood after a settled time.
- Dish drainer
- convenient draining element to be combined with certain models of hoods
- Ducting system
- all the pipes that convey outside the air. The diameter of the ducting system affects the effectiveness of your hood. The optimum diameter is 150 mm
- Easy Cube
- system that allows an easy and accurate mounting of the hood.
- Easy Dismounting
- system that allows a quick removal of the extraction unit for an easy maintenance.
- Electronic Controls
- controls interface that allows you to use all the electronic functions of your hood in a simple and immediate way, or even automatically. The hoods equipped with electronics have additional functions that improve the comfort use of the hood.
- Extraction hood
- the functioning mode of the hood that extracts fumes and steam out of the kitchen by means of a ducting system. It is the recommended functioning mode.
- Extraction Unit
- installed inside the hood, it is composed of motor and impeller. It allows the air intake.
- indicates materials and (possibly) colours that characterize the aesthetics of your hood.
- Flat air-duct system
- special flat pipes that can be hidden from view to avoid imperfections in the kitchen.
- Grease filter
- a filter that protects the motor from the grease contained in the fumes and steam captured by the hood. All the hoods are equipped with a grease filter.
- the value in watts (W) of the hood's energy absorption while in operation. The value varies depending on the speed selected and the turning on/off of the lights.
- Installation typology
- the position of the hood over the hob: 1. wall 2. corner 3. island 4. integrated 5. built-in
- Intensive speed
- the maximum air capacity of the engine
- Intensive Speed
- highest air capacity for 10 minutes in case of special cooking (fried / grilled).
- Key 24
- electronic mode of operation of the hood for a continuous changing of the air in perfect silence. Ideal for maintaining healthy environment even when not cooking
- the hoods are equipped with lights to illuminate the cooking surface. Under this heading are listed the type, the number and the absorption (W).
- Mechanical pushbutton
- controls interface that allows you to turn on, adjust and turn off the hood manually. You can also turn on the light to illuminate the hob
- Noise level
- expresses in dB (A) the noise generated by the hood during operation. The noise is mostly generated by the flow of air that is created inside the hood during aspiration.
- Perimeter Aspiration
- a technology that uses the Venturi effect to increase the speed of the sucked air by reducing the inlet slots. We developed the perimeter extraction by adding sound-proofing panels to reduce noise dramatically. The perimeter aspiration allows innovative aesthetics and easy cleaning
- the ability to send the sucked air out through the pipes. The pressure is measured in Pa (Pascal. 1 Pa = 1 N / m²).
- Recycling hood
- the functioning mode of the hood that filters fumes and steam from the air by means of charcoal filters and returns it to the kitchen.
- Remote control
- accessory that allows a remote control of the hood.
- Saturated filter indicator
- electronic light that indicates when to replace filters
- a metal grilled support for putting plates and ladles upon.
- Silent Kit
- kit consisting of two sound-proofing cushions which reduce the perceived noise by 25%
- the regimes of the engine in operation. The highest sequence number indicates a greater extraction capacity.
- it protects the walls between the cooking top and the hood from eventual splashes from the cooking. It is matched to the finish of the hood